Good Sleep Hygiene
- Keep a regular schedule. Go to bed and get up at the same time seven days a week including holidays, preferably sleeping eight hours each night.
- Keep your bedroom well ventilated, cool, quiet and dark. Expose yourself to bright light/sun when you awaken and it will assist in regulating your body’s internal clock.
- Don’t exercise, eat or drink caffeine or alcohol within four to six hours of bedtime.
- Do not take a nap during the day. If you must nap, sleep for no more than 30 minutes.
- Don’t go to bed worried or upset. Write down your concerns and tackle them during the day.